Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! By Mo Williams


Caldecott Awards/Honors 5 of 5

Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus is a very simple read about following directions. The bus driver gives the instruction to not let the pigeon drive the bus. The pigeon does everything a child would do to get his way, including throwing a tantrum. The pigeon does not get his way and the bus driver is very pleased when he comes back. The illustrations are very simplistic which is exactly what the story needed. The story as well as the message is also very simple. I found myself wondering what would happen if the pigeon did drive the bus. I also identified many of the tactics the pigeon used as tactics my children have used on me to get their way. Sometimes they worked and sometimes they did not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment